Ok. Time for a little known fact.
Did you know that contact pages often get more traffic than other sections of your website?
And if you’re like most website owners – that page was thrown together as a bit of an afterthought. Right?
Here are some great tips for building contact pages that get the job done – with inspirational support from Wordstream…
- Pay attention to details: Even small grammatical errors can disrupt your visitors. Make sure you go through your contact page with a fine-toothed comb.
- Keep it Simple: Keep your contact us page short, sweet, and to the point.
- Give the People What They Want: However you choose to set up your contact page, make sure that it’s extremely easy for folks to use. If you use a contact form, only ask for the essentials (name, email address, and their message). Stay away from asking for phone numbers and mailing addresses. That information requires too much of your visitor’s time and is more than you need in most cases.
- Make It Look Great: What did your grandmother tell you? “You only have one chance to make a good impression”. When users visit your contact us page, they’re beginning a relationship with you and your contact us page’s design and style will be part of their initial impression. Keep that in mind! Look sexy, make those readers fired up to contact you!
- Reveal Your Personality: As mentioned above, users who visit your contact us page are looking to learn more about you. Think about how you want your copy and design to reflect your brand persona. If your audience is the casual, fun-loving crowd, consider a light-hearted, even comical tone for your contact us page.